“What a time to be alive!” was the response of the “Egg Gang” as they took a simple picture of an egg from nothing to becoming the most liked photo on Instagram in just 10 days.
The egg crossed the milestone to become the most liked Instagram photo Sunday night, poaching the title from Kylie Jenner by over 10 million likes.
At the time of writing the account, @world_record_egg has nearly 29 million likes which places them safely in the top spot surpassing the previous record holder Kylie Jenner who announcing the birth of her daughter Stormi on the platform last year and gained 18 million likes.
View this post on Instagram
The Egg Gang knew this and set out from the very beginning to snatch victory from the beginning saying, “Let’s set a world record together and get the most liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million)! We got this 🙌”
And get it they did. Sunday night where they officially surpassed Jenner’s post that had just over 18 million likes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- United Utah Party: Investigate Gov. Herbert for possible inducement
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Hey, sports fans: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo crush the hot dog contest — again
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Utah getting hundreds of electric vehicle charging stations
- 5 Steve Irwin quotes that are also just great life advice