My daughter was working as a manager at a fast food restaurant at Fashion Place Mall when a shooting broke out just outside.
Luckily, she wasn’t hurt. Even though she normally doesn’t like hugs, my family gave her a ton of hugs last night.
I grew up in a world where I didn’t have to deal with shootings, active shooters, or gang-related violence in mall parking lots.
What’s the solution?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Charlie and Braden Powell are remembered by those who love them
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy