SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for a fatal stabbing inside his family’s apartment in South Salt Lake.
Officers say 24-year-old Angelo Kirstine was arguing with his girlfriend before the stabbing occurred, but are unsure what the argument was about. The Kirstine’s grandfather found the victim around 1:00 a.m. Tuesday. The suspect’s sister was at the apartment at the time but says she didn’t hear anything.
The family took the suspect to the University of Utah Medical Center for a mental issue where he told the staff there that he’d hurt someone. University Police were contacted at the same time South Salt Lake Police received the dispatch call.
More photos from the scene of a fatal stabbing in South Salt Lake. pic.twitter.com/8UnlGpbiMo
— Kelli Pierce (@KelliReports) January 15, 2019
Kirstine was taken into custody without incident and is facing a charge of Murder 1.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Opponents try to stop SLCO tax hike for UTA
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school
- Could Joseph Smith’s First Vision have happened on March 26, 200 years ago?
- Tooele County Health Department
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- POLICE FOOTAGE Lori Vallow’s ex-husband worried about their missing children and his…
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen