SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for a fatal stabbing inside his family’s apartment in South Salt Lake.
Officers say 24-year-old Angelo Kirstine was arguing with his girlfriend before the stabbing occurred, but are unsure what the argument was about. The Kirstine’s grandfather found the victim around 1:00 a.m. Tuesday. The suspect’s sister was at the apartment at the time but says she didn’t hear anything.
The family took the suspect to the University of Utah Medical Center for a mental issue where he told the staff there that he’d hurt someone. University Police were contacted at the same time South Salt Lake Police received the dispatch call.
More photos from the scene of a fatal stabbing in South Salt Lake. pic.twitter.com/8UnlGpbiMo
— Kelli Pierce (@KelliReports) January 15, 2019
Kirstine was taken into custody without incident and is facing a charge of Murder 1.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates