SALT LAKE CITY — Zookeepers at Utah’s Hogle Zoo are asking people to keep an eye on their stuff after a sea lion puked up a toddler’s sock, something that could have been fatal.
Diego lost interest in his training on Sunday and vomited blood before the sock came up, the zoo reported.
The zoo says in a Facebook post that animals like their sea lion can die from eating foreign objects and that staff can help you find your items no matter how small. They say if you do lose something, make sure to tell zoo staff members as soon as possible.
The zoo says Diego is recovering and back to swimming and annoying other sea lions.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ellen Sabo – Rose Creek Elementary
- Tornado forms at Strawberry Reservoir
- Kaysville mayor announce Congressional run to replace Bishop
- Lynda Davis – Morningside Elementary
- Long-time power plant to close in Magna
- Sunisa Lee wins all-around gymnastics gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- Sen. Romney seen marching at DC protests against George Floyd’s death
- Advocates: there are still resources for homeless women, despite full centers
- BYU research looks at what makes freeways safe
- US surgeons successfully perform double lung transplant on Covid-19 patient for first time