SALT LAKE CITY — Zookeepers at Utah’s Hogle Zoo are asking people to keep an eye on their stuff after a sea lion puked up a toddler’s sock, something that could have been fatal.
Diego lost interest in his training on Sunday and vomited blood before the sock came up, the zoo reported.
The zoo says in a Facebook post that animals like their sea lion can die from eating foreign objects and that staff can help you find your items no matter how small. They say if you do lose something, make sure to tell zoo staff members as soon as possible.
The zoo says Diego is recovering and back to swimming and annoying other sea lions.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America
- Golden Spoke Event
- Should we lower the voting age to 16? Nancy Pelosi says: “Yes.”
- Taylor Swift thanks Utah nurse on her birthday for fighting COVID-19
- Fraud Alerts! 3 Ways Bad Guys are Trying to Get Access to Your Information and How You Can…
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- SLCO D.A. creates conviction review advisory board