WELLINGTON — Police say a tractor-trailer going too fast for the slick conditions crashed into a restaurant, flattening it in the process.
Los Jilbertos is located on a curve along U.S. 6, as the road carves through Wellington, south of Price.
At least three people suffered injuries in the crash, the Utah Highway Patrol said.
Troopers say the restaurant was open at the time as the truck left U.S. 6 and struck the restaurant. By the time they arrived, UHP says the restaurant’s owner was standing outside. According to the Associated Press, troopers helped the Wellington Fire Department rescue that man’s wife, who was trapped under the collapsed building.
The crash also knocked out electricity and gas service to parts of the town of Wellington.
Police said the truck driver suffered minor injuries. The fire department says a man and a woman who were hurt inside the restaurant suffered serious injuries.
They were asking Carbon County residents not to come by the scene as it was still active and under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting