Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi in a letter to President Donald Trump said that she wasn’t going to schedule his State of the Union address that was set to take place at the end of January.
Today, Trump lashed back at Nancy Pelosi in a creative and snide way: He denied her access to a military aircraft for a war zone trip.
I personally think this letter exchange is proof of why we have a shutdown government. Both sides are playing dirty.
Are we really any closer to finding a compromise?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Charlie and Braden Powell are remembered by those who love them
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy