SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Frankie Ferrari had 21 points and seven assists to help San Francisco beat BYU 82-63 on Saturday night and snap an 11-game losing streak against the Cougars.
Ferrari was 8-of-11 shooting, including 4 of 6 from 3-point range. Jamaree Bouyea had 15 points, Matt McCarthy scored 14, Charles Minlend added 13 and Jordan Ratinho 10 for San Francisco. The Dons (16-3, 4-1 West Coast Conference) shot a season-high 63.6 percent (35 of 55) from the field.
Bouyea’s dunk made it 15-all and sparked a 26-6 run that made it 39-21 and USF led the rest of the way. Nate Renfro, Ferrari, Bouyea and Ratinho each hit a 3-pointer, and McCarthy scored 10 points during that stretch. BYU used a 16-7 spurt to trim its deficit to 53-47 with 13 minutes to play but the Dons scored 12 of the next 13 points and led by double figures thereon.
Yoeli Childs led BYU (19-9, 4-2) with 25 points and TJ Haws scored 12.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Park City Mountain restricts backcountry access with avalanche danger high
- From Adderall to “huffing” canned air; a Utah man’s journey with addiction
- Spring snowstorm brings down tree branches