PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a licensed practical nurse has been arrested on a charge of sexual assault in the impregnation of an incapacitated woman who gave birth last month at a long-term health care facility.
Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams said Wednesday that investigators arrested 36-year-old Nathan Sutherland on one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse.
Williams says Sutherland worked at the Hacienda HealthCare facility where the woman lived and had been providing care to her.
The 29-year-old victim has been incapacitated since the age of 3 and gave birth to a boy at the facility on Dec. 29.
Employees said they had no idea she was pregnant. Court records say her last known physical was in April.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- Children’s Service Society
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges