SALT LAKE CITY – The NBA announced Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors and the Denver Nuggets’ Mason Plumlee were fined for their altercation in the first quarter of Wednesday’s game.
Favors received a fine of $15,000 and Plumlee got $25,000. Both were ejected following the scuffle with 2:46 left in the first quarter. The NBA handed Nuggets star center Nikola Jokic a suspension for leaving the bench area during the altercation, although he did never get involve.
Derrick Favors and Mason Plumlee were ejected after sparking an altercation on the court following a foul on the floor.
Nikola Jokic came off the bench and down the baseline, but didn’t get involved. pic.twitter.com/2QnsvjcEpA
— ESPN (@espn) January 24, 2019
Following the game Jokic said he felt confident he wouldn’t get suspended.
“I was not on the court,” Jokic said. “I mean, I cannot step? I was not even close.”
Nuggets big man Nikola Jokic says he’s not concerned about hearing from the league office about potentially stepping on the court during the first quarter altercation. “I was not on the court,” he said. pic.twitter.com/7Sh6QDgdJK
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) January 24, 2019
Jokic will be suspended without pay as well.
“Jokić’s close proximity to the altercation and aggressive manner created the potential for further escalation of the situation,” the NBA press release said.
The Jazz take on the Minnesota Timberwolves Friday at 7 P.M.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- UDOT will not re-open several popular seasonal roads, for now
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- Charlie and Braden Powell are remembered by those who love them
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday