MIDVALE, Utah (AP) — Police in a Salt Lake City suburb say an infant’s parents were arrested on suspicion of child neglect homicide after the 4-month-old boy was found dead at a motel with visible bruises and an abrasion or laceration.
Online court records don’t list defense attorneys for 21-year-old Jose Ramirez and 20-year-old Jessica Lujan who could comment on the allegations.
Unified police say they went to the motel on an unrelated call Friday but were summoned to a different room in response to a report of a child not breathing.
A jail report says the child had multiple bruises as well as neck injury in which his bone structure was visible.
The report said Lujan told police she struck and scratched the child because he was screaming as the couple fought.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Trouble with Teams? Microsoft reports problems with “multiple 365 services.”
- Patty Jenkins describes the ‘complex’ joy of shooting ‘Wonder Woman 1984’
- How in person voting works in different counties along the Wasatch
- Latter-day Saints apostle, cardiologist weighs in on wearing masks
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Funeral services held for fallen Ogden police officer Nate Lyday
- Doctors urge Utahns age 70 and older to get COVID vaccine as soon as possible
- Throngs to pack Times Square for mild, rainy New Year’s Eve
- Bad crash in Lehi during Thursday rush hour leaves one child critical