SALT LAKE CITY — Staff and guests at the Rescue Mission of Salt Lake were surprised to see actor Kevin Bacon handing out blankets.
Bacon’s non-profit organization SixDegrees.org teamed up with Sackcloth and Ashes, which donates blankets to homeless shelters, to bring warmth to those living on the streets.
The ‘Footloose’ actor says “Except for a few different sets of circumstances, you could be in the same situation [homeless]. I could be in the same situation.”
Bacon went on to say he the issue of homelessness is apparent in every city he visits or lives in.
The 60-year old actor arrived at the Rescue Mission in a black SUV wearing a black beanie and mustache. Several residents at the mission said he looked familiar but didn’t recognize him as Kevin Bacon.
The director of community outreach at the shelter, Dennis Dickerson says the Governor visits every Thanksgiving, but Bacon’s appearance brought more star power to the Rescue Mission.
Bacon stood at the altar in the mission’s chapel, handing out dark-blue fleece blankets. And he shook hands with anyone who held out their hand.
Other stars spotted making the rounds in Park City, include Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Julianne Moore, Jenna Elfman, Jake Gyllenhall and Jeff Goldblum, surrounded by an entourage walking down Main Street.
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- UDOT: Southbound I-15 experiencing major delays due to crash
- Utah’s congressional representatives talk to KSL’s Dave & Dujanovic about…
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- Money Making Sense: Shopping Black Friday during a pandemic
- Settlement deal nearing completion for parents of Lauren McCluskey
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs