SALT LAKE CITY- Utah Governor Gary Herbert may run for re-election.
That’s a change from Herbert’s earlier statements ruling out a third full term. But he tells the Deseret News that he’s being strongly encouraged to run again and that markets “don’t like uncertainty”.
Herbert is one of the most popular governors in the nation with approval ratings regularly in the 70s, and he heads a state with a strong, growing economy and a budget surplus.
But Herbert also told the newspaper there are a lot of other good candidates running in 2020.
Today’s Top Stories
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Bill allowing schools to opt out of mask mandate gets favorable recommendation
- Where NBA teams will likely stand in the playoffs
- Peaceful protests in Provo Wednesday night