WEST JORDAN — Police say a 20-year-old nanny accused of abusing twin five-month-old girls has turned herself in and is now cooperating with detectives in the case.
Police said McKenna Newell was caught on a nanny cam abusing the twin babies while their parents were at work.
Newell is accused of throwing a blanket over the babies while they were crying, causing one of them to struggle to get the cover off. Officers say she also kicked them several times, including one child in the leg and ribs, and covered their noses and mouths with her hand, and shook them.
The footage apparently shows Newell putting one of the girls on a couch, which caused the baby’s head to “aggressively bounce forward,” police said.
Police issued a $75,000 warrant for Newell’s arrest, and say she turned herself in without incident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Woman killed after being hit by multiple vehicles on freeway