SALT LAKE CITY — Hearings were delayed and people were stranded outside the Salt Lake City courthouse downtown for more than an hour following a burglary.
Police say a man broke into the courthouse over the weekend and damaged ceiling tiles and office furniture. He did not touch any court files or other sensitive information.
Workers immediately phoned police after discovering the damage at the courthouse Monday morning.
Salt Lake City Police are calling the burglary “unusual” but say they have a person of interest because a man was caught on security camera at the time of the crime. They have not named the suspect.
Today’s Top Stories
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates