SALT LAKE CITY — Hearings were delayed and people were stranded outside the Salt Lake City courthouse downtown for more than an hour following a burglary.
Police say a man broke into the courthouse over the weekend and damaged ceiling tiles and office furniture. He did not touch any court files or other sensitive information.
Workers immediately phoned police after discovering the damage at the courthouse Monday morning.
Salt Lake City Police are calling the burglary “unusual” but say they have a person of interest because a man was caught on security camera at the time of the crime. They have not named the suspect.
Today’s Top Stories
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Board of education members may start running as Democrats and Republicans
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Nichole Warren-Doman – Orion Junior High
- Mantua police chief dismissed, other officers resign shortly after
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Cyclamen care | KSL Greenhouse Show
- Decades in the making, a Utah man builds steam engines by hand