ATLANTA — The highlight of a widely-seen Super Bowl ad for the NFL’s 100th season was a Utah native who has made headlines as a young female football phenomenon.
— Sam Gordon (@Sam_Gordon6) February 4, 2019
Sam Gordon, who launched the Utah Girls Tackle Football League with her father in 2015, is the only female player among a cast of pro football greats chasing after a golden football in the ad.
Gordon, 15, was featured in a two-minute long spot that aired in a prime broadcast position, right before Super Bowl LIII’s halftime show with Maroon 5. In the ad, the Herriman native is holding the football when cornerback Richard Sherman asks if he can have it.
“You want this? Come and get it,” Gordon says in the ad.
By Monday afternoon, the advertisement had more than one million views on YouTube.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things…
- FanX issues apology to local author, promises clear sexual harassment policy
- How does the Electoral College work?
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- West Jordan double homicide ‘person of interest’ in custody
- Syracuse man sentenced in case of buried treasure
- Gamer Grandma: Meet 90-year-old Hamako Mori, the world’s oldest gamer on YouTube