The following nomination letter was written by Lawrence Johnson, Mayor of Taylorsville City:
Detective Denise Lovendahl has enjoyed a successful 18-year career in Law Enforcement. During her career Denise has been assigned to numerous specialty units; specifically the K-9 unit, the narcotics unit, street crimes, community oriented policing and direct enforcement with the U of U Police, the Unified Police Department and the Taylorsville Police Department.
Detective Lovendahl should be commended for her resolve in investigating and arresting some of our most violent and prolific career criminals. Her abilities make the City of Taylorsville a safer place to reside and visit. Any officer in this state would be proud to call her their partner.
In January and February of 2016, Detective Lovendahl was engaged in a large scale, cartel level, narcotics investigation. The investigation involved multiple suspects from several states and Mexico. Through her investigative abilities and tenacity, Detective Lovendahl seized nearly 10 pounds of Cocaine, two pounds of Heroin, $51,000 in U.S. currency, as well as other instruments used for the distribution of narcotics.
Detective Lovendahl gives a hundred percent in everything she applies herself to. She is especially vigilant when it comes to the vulnerable, specificallly children and the elderly, she’ll be front line addressing their needs and helping to make them safe; she can be found doing this on and off duty.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho