The following nomination letter was written by Darin Adams, Chief of Police for Cedar City:
Detective Bleak has been with the Cedar City Police Department for nearly 20 years. He has spent the last decade in the investigations division. Detective Bleak has investigated numerous cases through the years to include homicide, child sex abuse, overdose deaths, and many other issues. He is a tireless and determined investigator who, through his efforts, has achieved countless convictions. He is a deputy medical examiner for the state of Utah and works hard to be proficient in his duties.
Detective Bleak has become an expert in the choking game, which threatens the lives of our youth. This practice has taken the lives of many youth throughout the country. Because of his efforts and the relationships he has created, the Iron County School District has adopted policy to address this concerning issue. Detective Bleak has lectured throughout the nation and in Paris, France to bring awareness to this topic.
Detective Bleak truly loves his community and he is the epitome of service. In addition to his duties, he has seen the need to become involved in local government to influence positive change. He is currently the republican nominee for the Iron County Commission. Detective Bleak is a peer-support officer working with officers to address mental and physical wellness and providing direction and counsel.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- State leaders express disapproval over crowds welcoming missionaries
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…