The following nomination comes from Chip Shortreed, Ticaboo Utility Improvement Distric CEO:
“In fairness, Sergeant Napierski was on duty when these events took place; however, I believe that he went above and beyond to help me when I needed assistance.
On August 11, 2017, I was transporting a generator to a vendor in Salt Lake City for repair. I was just a couple of miles from Spanish Fork on highway 6 when my trailer blew a tire. I had to pull off onto a soft, narrow, shoulder and highway 6 was busy with traffic at the time. I did not have a spare and quickly realized that I was in a cell phone dead zone.
I was in the process of dropping the trailer so I could drive to cell phone range and call for some help. As I was getting ready to unhitch the trailer Sgt. Napierski pulled in behind me. What he did next, I believe, deserves recognition. He could have just provided safety for me, but instead, he had his dispatch contact the vendor I going to meet to advise them that I needed assistance. So what? Big deal right…there is more. Sgt Napierski waited with me for over 2 hours making sure that I was safe from traffic until our spare tire arrived. He was personable, professional, and most importantly helpful. Having him there kept the traffic in the far left lane. If he hadn’t been there I am sure it would have been havoc until help arrived.
In my humble opinion, Sgt. Napierski could have done the very minimum in helping me, but he went beyond that to make sure I was safe on a very busy highway with no spare and no cell service. To me, this was going above and beyond the call of duty.
He will always have my sincerest thanks for his help that day and everytime I drive through his patrol area I will appreciate and respect what he did. Thank you Sgt. Napierski for keeping Utah motorist safe!
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly