The following was submitted by Kim Openshaw.
“There are many ways in which Damian reaches out to those he serves as a Deputy and now Detective. Christmas is one of the times he especially watches out for those in need and has done so for a number of years.
This recent Christmas he came across a family that was going to be without Christmas. One day as he was talking with the family of four, parents and two children (ages 1 and 4). The four year old said she wanted a bike for Christmas and almost immediately the parents said that Santa would not be able to bring it. Damian and his wife determined that this would not be the case for this family. They purchased a bike for the little girl and a walker/player for the one year old and some clothing for the family . He then went on to work to bring about Christmas for the entire family, including Christmas dinner.
I appreciate your consideration of my son. I know there are many who would fit the profile for this award. I hope that you will consider Damian. Thank you.”
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Meat monopoly: Utah AG concerned about possible meat price-fixing
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Five bars temporarily closed for violating COVID-19 health orders
- Volunteers of America
- Possible coronavirus on cruise ship causes huge problems for Utah couple
- Utah missionary killed in Georgia bike accident