The following was submitted by Joshua Dunn.
“My name is Joshua Dunn and I am a school psychologist with the Granite Unified School District currently serving at Plymouth and Westbrook Elementary Schools.
I am writing to express my appreciation and utmost respect for Detective Scott Lloyd. On March 6th Detective Lloyd was presenting to a group of our students at Plymouth Elementary School when he was asked to respond to a behavioral emergency in one of our
special education classrooms.
Detective Lloyd arrived and immediately took control of the situation, using minimal restraint to prevent the student from further destroying property and harming himself or staff.
Detective Lloyd was calm, empathetic, and used de-escalation techniques to provide support to the distressed student. I feel that these methods were crucial in maintaining the child’s dignity and self-respect.
After the child was calm, Detective Lloyd took the extra step of listening to his concerns and helping him clean up the room.
This level of professionalism should be commended and modeled to other law enforcement officers.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Epidemiologist urges more COVID-19 testing; Utah receives rapid test kits