Lantern House is a nonprofit organization providing food, shelter, case management, and Hope to thousands of underserved people in Weber, Box Elder, Cache, Morgan and Davis Counties
Their Soup Kitchen goes beyond providing emergency food, they make an effort to serve meals that are nutritious and strive to encourage healthy behaviors regardless of one’s socioeconomic status. The homeless and low income often rely on processed, boxed and unhealthy food items. They work towards breaking this cycle by educating, encouraging and providing healthy solutions.
Food programs, like the free community lunch are sometimes the only meal that people eat that day. Hunger exists, and it takes an entire community working together to feed the hungry and improve the lives and health of those in need.
The Lantern House community lunch is easily accessible and has no requirements or restrictions. The Soup Kitchen provided over one hundred thousand meals in 2016 to thousands of men, women and children in Northern Utah.
SelectHealth recognizes the economic impact provided by the Lantern House as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Washington Elementary playground to get $800,000 facelift
- Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…