WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say they have arrested a 14-year-old in connection with the shooting and death of a 15-year-old this afternoon.
That 14-year-old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide, The shooting is, at this time, not believed to be intentional.
West Valley Police also tweeted the name of the 15-year-old who died, identifying him as Marquez Grajeda.
Multiple people were in the home, near 1350 West and 2320 South, at the time of the shooting. The house is believed to be the home of a friend.
A 14 year old male is in custody in connecting with the shooting death of 15 year old Marquez Grajeda. The 14 year old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide. It is suspected at this time that the shooting was not intentional. pic.twitter.com/C4EEamCYuZ
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) February 6, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- CNN and ‘Sesame Street’ to host a town hall addressing racism
- Find a Way Out! 3 Ways You Can Stay Safe During a Mass Shooting Situation Anywhere You Are
- Detective on the McCluskey case fired for mishandling another young woman’s domestic…
- Salt Lake City School District gears up for the year to start online