MURRAY — A man is dead after walking in front of a FrontRunner train this afternoon.
UTA spokesman Carl Arky says the man was trespassing near the train tracks between 3900 S. and 4500 S. in Murray.
FR Alert 2:28 pm: FrontRunner vs Pedestrian between Salt Lake Central and Murray. Expect delays on NB trains from Murray.
— UTA (@RideUTA) February 7, 2019
Trains are delayed because of the collision, and passengers are still on the train that struck the pedestrian.
I am on the actual train that struck the pedestrian and we are not moving. Just wondering if there will be a way to make it to the airport in the next hour
— Gage Black (@GageBlack1) February 7, 2019
There is no clear answer on why the man was on the tracks at this moment. UTA says an investigation is ongoing.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Proposed ban on cellphone use while driving clears Utah House
- Salt Lake County okays going mask-free in county facilities if vaccinated
- BYU Law students “heart attack” Orem Islamic Center
- Mormon leader in Puerto Rico: ‘We don’t want to be forgotten’
- Indoor vs. outside dining: Which restaurant tables are safer?
- Northern Utah counties asked to mask up as COVID-19 cases rise
- Tammy Botelho – Sage Hills Elementary
- Right on the Money: save by following the 24-hour rule
- Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19
- Here’s everything you need to know about iOS 14