MURRAY — A man is dead after walking in front of a FrontRunner train this afternoon.
UTA spokesman Carl Arky says the man was trespassing near the train tracks between 3900 S. and 4500 S. in Murray.
FR Alert 2:28 pm: FrontRunner vs Pedestrian between Salt Lake Central and Murray. Expect delays on NB trains from Murray.
— UTA (@RideUTA) February 7, 2019
Trains are delayed because of the collision, and passengers are still on the train that struck the pedestrian.
I am on the actual train that struck the pedestrian and we are not moving. Just wondering if there will be a way to make it to the airport in the next hour
— Gage Black (@GageBlack1) February 7, 2019
There is no clear answer on why the man was on the tracks at this moment. UTA says an investigation is ongoing.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Tooele County Health Department
- With J&J vaccines arriving in Utah, Gov. Cox optimistic
- Inside a coronavirus hospital in Italy, doctors warn: get ready
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- What makes soda so addictive?
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Opponents try to stop SLCO tax hike for UTA