Ogden City detectives arrested a second person on Friday in connection with the death of an 18-year-old earlier in the week.
The suspect, 28-year-old Daniel Viegas Gonzalez, was captured by Ogden City officers with the assistance of the Davis Metro SWAT team.
On Monday, Ogden City police officers responded to a report of a shooting on West Lake Street.
At the scene, police found two brothers had been attacked. Kamron Johnon was declared deceased. His brother, Eric Johnson, 20, was injured and transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
Police believe the victims were specifically targeted and were acquainted with the suspects.
The first suspect, Theron Farmer, 23, was taken into custody on Tuesday in an coordinated effort among Ogden City detectives, the Layton Police Department, and the Davis Metro SWAT team.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Governor announces ‘soft closure’ of Utah public schools
- Three UHP vehicles hit in early morning storm traffic
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Salt Lake County, cities at odds over West Bench future
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021