SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirms an 18-year-old missionary has died after falling off the roof of his Dominican Republic apartment building.
Elder Brennan Conrad, 18, was from Hyde Park, Utah.
A statement from church spokesman Daniel Woodruff follows:
It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of a young missionary serving in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission. Elder Brennan Conrad, age 18, passed away this morning after falling from the roof of his apartment building. Elder Conrad is from Hyde Park, Utah, and had been serving since August 2018. Our deepest condolences go out to his family. We pray they will be comforted as they deal with this tragedy and mourn Elder Conrad’s passing.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Skyline High School dismisses in-person class for two weeks following COVID-19 outbreak