SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah residents will be able to have free rides on public transit later this week.
The Utah Transit Authority is waiving fares for public transportation on Thursday and Friday.
KUTV in Salt Lake City reported Monday that the fare will be free for FrontRunner, TRAX and bus lines.
Transportation officials say last year’s free-fare day saw a 23 percent jump in ridership.
In addition, traffic was down.
Today’s Top Stories
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Justin Gordon, Utah County Sheriff’s Office
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School