WEST VALLEY CITY – Two teenage brothers from West Jordan who died in a head-on crash on 4100 South in West Valley City were not wearing seatbelts, according to police.
FATAL CRASH: just after midnight, a car eastbound on 4100 S crossed the center line at 4522 W for unknown reasons & crashed head on into a SUV. The car’s driver, 17yo Sage Snow, and his brother, 16yo Rylie Snow, died on scene. The SUV driver had non life threatening injuries. pic.twitter.com/51RwjVIeh4
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) March 1, 2019
The accident happened just after midnight near 4500 West when officers say 17-year-old Sage Snow drifted into the path of an SUV going the opposite direction. 16-year-old Rylie Snow was the passenger. The SUV driver has minor injuries.
West Valley Police Sgt. Wade Sanders says they’re investigating whether slick roads, construction, or something else was also a factor in the crash. “We do get accidents (on 4100 South), but this is not specifically a problem area.”
Crisis counselors are at West Jordan High School where Rylie Snow attended. They’ll be available for kids who knew Sage Snow when Valley High School opens back up on Monday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Sen. Lee “inclined to support” Merrick Garland as AG
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Governor announces ‘soft closure’ of Utah public schools