SANDY — On Saturday, a Saratoga Springs woman announced to an Olive Garden restaurant that she had just stabbed her mother.
Jayde Lauren Altemeier, 31, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Sunday under investigation for the aggravated assault and attempted murder of Carla Orsini, 55. Police say Altemeier stabbed Orsini several times after telling her mother that “she was suicidal and homicidal.” She then left the scene and announced the stabbing at a nearby Olive Garden.
Police found Orsini in her room at the Extended Stay America at 7555 Union Park Avenue with wounds to her chest, neck, arm, finger and lip, according to a police affidavit. Although officers noted that three of Orsini’s injuries were in locations “likely to cause death,” she was taken to the hospital and is expected to recover.
Altemeier’s bail was set at $500,000.
Help is available for those contemplating suicide through the 24/7 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255), or the SafeUT app or and its crisis line, 801-587-3000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Need a “working cat?” Best Friends wants to connect you
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah COVID-19 hospitalizations lower, doctor urges caution over Christmas