After a year of teenagers eating laundry detergent and driving with their eyes closed or jumping out of moving vehicles, the latest viral internet challenge now has people throwing cheese at babies.
Thankfully he likes cheese pic.twitter.com/5cE4SrgaR3
— shelbyjane (@shelbslord) February 28, 2019
The #cheesechallenge is now the latest viral challenge to take the internet by storm and it’s pretty simple: all you need is a slice of American cheese and an unsuspecting toddler.
The trend started on Thursday in a since-removed video by Twitter user @unclehxlmes. The video showed someone walking up to his unsuspecting younger sibling before flinging the slice of cheese into his face. The video had about 8 million views before it was taken down after it was discovered that @unclehxlmes wasn’t the original poster but stole it from a post he’d seen earlier on Facebook.
But that hasn’t stopped the rest of the internet from flooding the social sphere with thousands of videos just like this of people throwing pasteurized dairy product onto the faces of their unsuspecting children.
Some of the kids didn’t seem phased and even take a big bite afterward, some don’t know what’s going on, and some ended up shedding a tear or two after getting “cheesed.”
The fad isn’t just sticking around with those that have kids. Even pet owners are getting in on the action and are cheesing their dogs and cats, most of whom really enjoy the dairy slice.
— Kat Chapa (@KatChapa) March 3, 2019
— Amelia (@Amelia_424) March 3, 2019
— Stacey Nicole. (@Stacinatorrr) March 3, 2019
Some even improvised when no babies or cheese could be found.
— cass @ papers on papers (@tuskle_) March 1, 2019
— Kate (@TheHausElf) March 4, 2019
— Eddie Bowley (@Eddache_) March 1, 2019
The challenge does have its critics, though, with people calling it mean and criticizing parents that would do something like this to their babies.
Am I the only one who strongly dislike the #cheesechallenge ??
I find it unfunny and pretty violent for the baby …🙄😐
(If you don’t know this challenge ⤵⤵) pic.twitter.com/RmeuckY2CJ
— ℕ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕛𝕚𝕤🌙 (@Naartdjis) March 3, 2019
— Becca Gibson (@Beccagib09) March 3, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats