PROVO, Utah (AP) — The former girlfriend of a Utah man accused of killing two teens testified that she witnessed their deaths and the hiding of their bodies in a mine shaft.
Morgan Henderson testified inside a Provo courtroom Wednesday in the preliminary hearing for Jerrod Baum, who is charged with two counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of 17-year-old Brelynne “Breezy” Otteson and 18-year-old Riley Powell.
Henderson told the court that the teens were tied up in the back of Powell’s Jeeps, which Baum drove to the mine outside of Eureka.
She said Baum stabbed the teens and then threw their bodies into the mine.
Henderson has pleaded guilty to 10 counts of obstruction of justice and was sentenced to three years in jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- President Nelson announces 8 new temples, including Utah, Dubai and Shanghai