SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Box Elder County sheriff’s officials say a man accused of fatally stabbing his wife has been released from the hospital and booked into jail without bond.
They say 39-year-old Jose Gutierrez-Torres of Tremonton had been in the hospital since March 3 after he allegedly tried to slash his own throat.
Police say they found Gutierrez-Torres at the Bothwell home of 53-year-old Maria de Jesus Cervantes.
She reportedly was stabbed Cervantes multiple times in her neck.
Police say a blood-covered steak knife wrapped in a cloth was found at the residence near the head of Cervantes.
Gutierrez-Torres was released from the hospital Friday and booked into the county jail.
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
The Deseret News reports that court documents show Gutierrez-Torres has a history of domestic violence.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Utah Democrats: Board of Education’s Natalie Cline should be held accountable
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…