SANDY, Utah — One person is dead and another is in critical condition after a shooting, and Sandy police are looking for whoever is responsible.
Officers say a neighbor called after an alarm went off at a home at 11190 S. Hawkwood Drive late Tuesday night.
“Officers arrived on scene, and we did find two victims who were suffering from apparent gunshot wounds,” said Sgt. Jason Nielsen.
The man and woman were transported to the hospital in critical condition. At 2 AM, Sandy police tweeted that the woman, later identified as 36-year-old Maureen Fiore, had died from her injuries.
The man was identified as 38-year-old Jeffrey Webster.
Officials are unsure if the shooting was targeted or if it was random.
“We do not have anyone in custody at this point, so we are doing yard-to-yard searches at this point. We have multiple agencies helping us,” said Nielsen.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Wyoming GOP vote to censure Rep. Liz Cheney over impeachment vote
- Fire crews rescue 4 people and 18 animals from basement fire
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Son of infamous polygamist leader, Warren Jeffs, is dead
- A Utah man dies while swimming at Deer Creek State Park
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Cleanup from Magna quake continues as some residents grow more frustrated
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup