SALINA, Utah — One person was killed in a rollover accident Friday on Interstate 70 near Salina, UHP officials said.
The Utah Highway Patrol says there were five people in the car when the driver fell asleep. A male juvenile was ejected and died from his injuries. Another was critically injured.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers spotted a stolen SUV in Tooele County Saturday morning as they responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident. They chased it south past Eureka, where they were joined by Millard County deputies. They broke off the pursuit as it approached Delta, but Corporal Chris Bishop says it wasn’t long before the SUV wound up in a ditch.
“Deputies and troopers were on the scene relatively quickly,” Bishop told KSL Newsradio. “They were able to get the driver out. It took a few minutes to get him out of the vehicle, but he surrendered.”
They took one adult male into custody. The SUV had been stolen from a body shop in Tooele.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Ogden man pleads guilty to fatally beating neighbor in 2018
- Rollover crash leads to I-15 shutdown and nightmare Salt Lake traffic
- Salt Lake police investigating after Zoom class is hacked, displays pornographic images
- Church handbook update, vaccines “protect health and preserve life”