SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a murder in the upper Avenues area of Salt Lake City early this morning.
Police say they responded to a house at 797 Northcliffe Dr. N around 1:15 am to investigate reports of a fight. They found Cory Haney, 40, dead at the scene.
Police say there was also a suspect still there, who was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police did not provide any other details about the suspect or victim or how the victim died, but said they planned to issue further updates later on.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Opioid addiction causes a Utah woman to spiral out of control
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Small cans lead to big sales for Coca-Cola
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills