SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a murder in the upper Avenues area of Salt Lake City early this morning.
Police say they responded to a house at 797 Northcliffe Dr. N around 1:15 am to investigate reports of a fight. They found Cory Haney, 40, dead at the scene.
Police say there was also a suspect still there, who was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police did not provide any other details about the suspect or victim or how the victim died, but said they planned to issue further updates later on.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Officer Rusty Bingham & Officer Trent Thompson, Riverdale Police Department
- Suspected Utah bank robbers killed man in Colorado, authorities say
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Dropping mask mandate in April is too soon, county mayor says
- Mantua police chief dismissed, other officers resign shortly after
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC