ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) — Officials at Dixie State University say redshirt senior football player Abraham Reinhardt has died at a hospital.
School officials did not release a cause of death, but an online account set up for his medical bills says the 23-year-old Reinhardt died of a sudden illness.
According to the school’s athletic department, Reinhardt died Friday evening at Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George.
Reinhardt, a native of Wailuku, Hawaii, was a linebacker at Dixie State and had 79 career tackles and 3½ sacks.
School officials say Reinhardt earned first team All-Rocky Mountain Athletic honors this past season after helping lead the Trailblazers in three different defensive statistical categories.
A campus candlelight vigil for Reinhardt is scheduled Monday night at Dixie State’s clock tower.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Opioid addiction causes a Utah woman to spiral out of control
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- Honoring the Class of 2020
- Small cans lead to big sales for Coca-Cola
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday