HARRISVILLE, Utah (AP) — Harrisville police say a man was hospitalized in critical condition after being shot multiple times during an encounter with officers responding to a report of domestic disturbance.
The Harrisville Police Department says the man was wielding a knife in each hand when confronted Saturday by officers from several local police agencies and that he was shot after he advanced on officers and use of a stun gun failed to stop him.
No identities were released.
The incident will be investigated by a multi-agency task force led by the Weber County Attorney’s Office.
Harrisville is 36 miles (59 kilometers) north of Salt Lake City.
Today’s Top Stories
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Early Saturday delays to the slopes in Big and Little Cottonwood canyons
- Where NBA teams will likely stand in the playoffs
- Peaceful protests in Provo Wednesday night