TOOELE County – Eastbound I-80 in Tooele County was closed for several hours this afternoon after some, well, a port-a-potty truck took a spill.
About 5-thousand gallons of the truck’s liquid spread across the freeway after it pulled out in front of another truck that couldn’t stop in time.
The Utah Highway Patrol says three people were injured in the crash, one taken by helicopter to the University of Utah Hospital. Authorities confirmed they were non-life threatening injuries.
U-DOT says the crash also caused a significant fuel spill. Traffic was diverted onto SR-36 before I-80 was reopened about 4:30 PM.
Today’s Top Stories
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- Man in his 30s dead after drowning in a hot tub
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- Treatment center, Turn-About Ranch, responds with statement
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Complaints over bad odor cause U.S. Steel to halt cleanup efforts, for now
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses