VINEYARD — The Utah County Sheriff’s office confirms a little girl has died after being hit by a vehicle backing out of a driveway in Vineyard.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the 6-year-old was riding a scooter when a neighbor driving a large SUV backed up without seeing her.
“They did make some initial efforts to resuscitate the child, but she did sustain some significant head trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene,” Cannon said.
Cannon says the collision appears accidental and there is no reason to believe the driver was impaired.
Today’s Top Stories
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Book Buddies: Kids can read to Utah shelter pets virtually
- Utah officials watch for COVID-19 variants, say UK strain not dominant yet
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Man says he removed the mysterious Utah monolith
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utahns urged to stay indoors during record-breaking low temperatures
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- Some temples are entering Phase 3 of reopening; here’s what that looks like