MANGA – Utah Highway Patrol confirmed two people died in a rollover crash on SR-201 and about 8400 West in Magna Wednesday afternoon.
Both directions were closed as authorities investigate the crash.
Early photos of the double fatal crash on SR201 at about 9400 W. The roadway will be closed for at least a couple hours. Additional details will follow. pic.twitter.com/U7BhVpOyqH
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) March 27, 2019
Drivers will want to avoid the area and use an alternate route. UDOT’s website said the crash was expected to be cleared about 6:30 PM originally, but the clear time is now expected to be about 9:30 PM.
CLOSED EB/WB SR-201 btwn 8000 – 11000 West Magna due to fatal rollover crash at 8400 West. Avoid & use alt route. WB is expected to remain CLOSED for about the next 1.5-2 hours. @kslnewsradio @kir pic.twitter.com/PQ0MuXGXnG
— Rikki Meece (@KSLRikki) March 27, 2019
Police did not release immediate information on the crash. This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Pres. Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Salt Lake shoppers looking for deals on Black Friday
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…