SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Jazz say guard Dante Exum underwent surgery to repair a partially torn patellar tendon in his right knee and will be sidelined indefinitely.
Exum had the procedure performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache on Wednesday in Los Angeles. Exum will soon begin rehabilitation.
The 23-year-old appeared in 42 games this season, averaging 6.9 points and 2.6 assists. The fifth overall pick in 2014, Exum missed all but 14 games in 2017-18 after suffering a preseason shoulder injury. He also missed the 2015-16 season with a knee injury.
Last summer, the Jazz brought Exum back on a three-year extension worth around $33 million.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway
- Gov. Cox: Misinformation about COVID vaccines is dangerous
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building