SALT LAKE CITY — Police say a man got past security without a ticket at the Salt Lake airport over the weekend and then started assaulting a man in one of the concourses.
Court documents say Victor Cossio was screened by security at the Salt Lake City International Airport with no alarms and then went into Concourse G, started punching a man, took his phone and started walking away. Police and the TSA are investigating how this could happen.
A statement from the Transportation Security Administration says the travel document verification procedures were not properly followed, which is why someone who did not have a ticket got through. It appears the security officer responsible is getting some re-training.
Cossio now faces robbery and assault charges.
Today’s Top Stories
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- US surgeons successfully perform double lung transplant on Covid-19 patient for first time