Former Arizona Senator Jeff Flake says a man with a rifle scope went looking for him at church.
He’s outlining the many threats he says he received before leaving office.
Flake told The Guardian that a man entered three church buildings in Arizona belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints looking for him. Flake is a member of the Church. The man reportedly also showed up at another event two weeks ago.
Mesa Police confirm they are helping Flake and his family during an investigation being handled by federal authorities. The Church declined to comment to a question about it from the St George Spectrum newspaper.
Meanwhile, a Chicago man pleaded guilty last week to leaving a death threat for Flake after the Brett Kavanaugh hearings.
Today’s Top Stories
- New health order could impact school dances, graduation ceremonies
- Utah coronavirus cases hit 1,411 in one day, setting new record
- Utah House OKs bill to bring back vehicle registration postcards
- Listen louder than you sing: inside the Tabernacle Choir on Temple Square
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Fake grenade prompts evacuation of Taylorsville Elementary
- Utah tourism office unveils three-year plan to keep visitors and money rolling in
- Yo-Yo Ma serenades newly-vaccinated at inoculation clinic