Former Arizona Senator Jeff Flake says a man with a rifle scope went looking for him at church.
He’s outlining the many threats he says he received before leaving office.
Flake told The Guardian that a man entered three church buildings in Arizona belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints looking for him. Flake is a member of the Church. The man reportedly also showed up at another event two weeks ago.
Mesa Police confirm they are helping Flake and his family during an investigation being handled by federal authorities. The Church declined to comment to a question about it from the St George Spectrum newspaper.
Meanwhile, a Chicago man pleaded guilty last week to leaving a death threat for Flake after the Brett Kavanaugh hearings.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Salt Lake City woman warns others about employment scam
- Davis County leaders feeling pressure to increase mask wearing, mull possible requirement
- 36 years after Joyce Yost’s assault, rape victims have more help, but key funding has lapsed
- Distracted driving fight hits a big roadblock: we won’t give up our phones
- “Life-changing” West Davis Highway begins construction
- Utah wildfires causing havoc for cattle owners
- Sunshine, heat and cars are the recipe for ozone pollution
- A snowboarder survived an avalanche and caught the heart-racing experience on video
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL