SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz pulled away late and beat the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night, 118-108.
Donovan Mitchell tied his career-high with 46 points.
Rudy Gobert had 20 points and 10 rebounds for his 200th double-double in a Jazz uniform.
It was their 50th win, but they don’t get much of a turnaround. They face the LA Clippers in Los Angeles Wednesday night at 8:30 pm. It’s the last game of the regular season.
With the way other teams played Tuesday night, Utah currently sits in the fifth spot in the Western Conference playoff standings.
It seems likely that the first round opponent will be the Portland Trail Blazers or the Houston Rockets. If either Portland loses to Sacramento or Denver falls to the Timberwolves or both lose on Wednesday night, Utah will face Portland. Otherwise it will be Houston.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Donovan Mitchell scores 30 points, Jazz rout Nuggets 124-105
- Reflecting on lessons learned, new information one-year after Utah earthquake
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- A Utah man dies while swimming at Deer Creek State Park
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- DI to begin phased reopening
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Justin Gordon, Utah County Sheriff’s Office