SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Highway Patrol officials say a motorcyclist who hadn’t completed a rider safety course is dead after a crash.
They say speed and inexperience may have contributed to the fatal accident Saturday evening in Davis County that killed 36-year-old Michael Frederickson.
Authorities say Frederickson went off the Legacy Parkway and crashed into a power box.
They say there were no witnesses to the crash.
The Deseret News reports a nearby resident heard the crash, looked out the window, saw a cloud of dust and called 911.
Frederickson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Sandy City officials mourn police chief
- Long-time power plant to close in Magna
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- University of Utah announces major campus safety changes, investments
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- 5 tips to stop touching your face