SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah Highway Patrol officials say a motorcyclist who hadn’t completed a rider safety course is dead after a crash.
They say speed and inexperience may have contributed to the fatal accident Saturday evening in Davis County that killed 36-year-old Michael Frederickson.
Authorities say Frederickson went off the Legacy Parkway and crashed into a power box.
They say there were no witnesses to the crash.
The Deseret News reports a nearby resident heard the crash, looked out the window, saw a cloud of dust and called 911.
Frederickson was pronounced dead at the scene.
Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Cease and desist sent by Lt. Governor’s office to stop unauthorized use of State Seal
- Bill merging Health and Human Services with UDOH passes committee
- No school for kids at one Utah school, courtesy of a garbage fire
- Salt Lake VA makes sure homeless veterans get a shot at COVID vaccine
- Jared Nicol, Hildale council member, jailed on suspicion of stalking
- Utah woman says bison flipped her into air, broke her ankle
- How a Snapchat filter led to the arrest of an off-duty cop
- KSL 5 is back on DirecTV
- Right on the Money: how to beat the system and build your savings