SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Authorities say a Nevada man reported missing and endangered has died in Utah in a car accident.
Utah Highway Patrol officials say 62-year-old Lief Johansson died at the scene of Saturday’s crash several miles north of Paragonah.
They say the car he was driving stopped in the middle of a lane on Interstate 15 and a semitrailer slammed into it.
State troopers are still investigating why Johansson stopped on the freeway.
Authorities say he was listed as a missing and endangered person with health issues and dementia.
Johansson was living in Henderson, Nevada.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Thousands of cold-stunned sea turtles being rescued in Texas
- Abandoned sacred places around the world
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- Microearthquake reported northwest of Magna, no damage or injuries
- No, the Wasatch Front didn’t just have another earthquake. Here’s what we know.