HEBER CITY, Utah (AP) — Authorities say 6-year-old Utah girl was hurt when she was dragged behind a school bus.
Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Nick Street tells KSL-TV that girl’s backpack got stuck on part of the Wasatch County School District bus Monday afternoon.
Street says the girl was dragged 10 to 15 feet before the bus stopped again. She was taken to a hospital to treat scrapes and bruises on her head, arm and leg and later released.
Wasatch County School District Spokeswoman Kirsta Albert says the bus driver has been placed on administrative leave while the incident is being investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Golden Spoke Event
- Taylor Swift thanks Utah nurse on her birthday for fighting COVID-19
- Should we lower the voting age to 16? Nancy Pelosi says: “Yes.”
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- ‘Perfume cloud’ helps German police sniff out drunk driver
- SLCO D.A. creates conviction review advisory board
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison